Everything Happens For A Reason


This week's task is to find something that inspires you.

The second I saw this quote, I definitely felt inspired:

"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so that you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."
-Marilyn Monroe
 (Credit: https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/12379-i-believe-that-everything-happens-for-a-reason-people-change)

This quote from Marilyn Monroe touches upon a topic that many people struggle with that can be applied to so many situations. At this time, people my age are struggling with figuring out what we want to do with our lives. Whether it's traveling, going to college, or going straight to working, people go all different sorts of paths in life. Sometimes, things don't work out and we don't end up where we want to be, but we must remember that everything happens for a reason; even if what we want to happen doesn't happen in the moment, it is due to a bigger reason that we may not be aware of right now but will become apparent in the future. You go through struggles in life and at the time, you may feel upset and hurt, but we must hold onto the fact that we can grow from this point and it will prepare us for another time in our lives.

In my life, I have struggled through a lot of hardships. One of these hardships was breaking up with my boyfriend of three years. At the time, I was so upset and felt like I was worthless; he never put any effort into our relationship and he always made me feel like I was not a priority. Going through this struggle with low self-esteem, how he treated me made everything worse and I did not have any self-worth. A year later, I look back on that time in my life and realize that it had to happen because I would not have gained more self-esteem. I now have self-worth and confidence in myself is growing day by day. If I stayed in that toxic relationship, then I am not sure if I would feel as good about myself as I do now.

I now live by the fact that everything happens for a reason and to not question things in the moment; it will all work out in the end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Invisible Disability-Related Podcasts

The Spoon Theory

This Is How Invisible Illnesses Impact Our Daily Lives