This Is How Invisible Illnesses Impact Our Daily Lives
This Is How Invisible Illnesses Impact Our Daily Lives Living with an invisible illness is very tough because flare-ups can occur at any moment and prevent you from doing daily activities such as cooking dinner or hanging out with friends. I thought it would be interesting to get multiple perspectives on how impactful an invisible illness can be on someone's daily life. Here are a few quotes from people with different conditions: #MakeItVisible “Sometimes I don’t really know if what I’m saying is OK, or if whoever is listening even cares. My personality disorder makes me constantly question whether my behavior is acceptable and if the people around me actually want to be with me.” — Shannon S., living with borderline personality disorder “Imagine having to stay home because it hurts too much to wear shoes. Then imagine that normal walking feels like it’s on two sprained ankles, but that is not enough to keep you inside, it’s the shoes. This is your new normal.” — Lorra...
Comments
Post a Comment